For questions regarding coverage, services or to file a claim please call 866.690.6859.
You should be prepared to call AIG as soon as reasonably possible, and be prepared to describe your loss, the name of the event or event coordinator, the event date(s), the date you registered and the amount you paid. An AIG claims representative will complete the claim form and forward it to you for review and signature. The completed form should be returned to AIG C/O Travel Guard, P.O. Box 47, Stevens Point, WI 54481 (telephone 1.866.690.6859).
- What happens if I sign my child up for a season of soccer months in advance when registration opens and then he or she becomes injured and can’t play for the entire season.
You would call AIG/Travel Guard to file a claim. Once your claim is approved you would receive a refund for the registration fee you paid.
- What happens if I purchased a policy to insure a volleyball tournament my child was traveling to and she got sick and could not travel? My husband and I were also traveling with her to the tournament.
Coverage is provided for sickness or injury of an insured, family member or traveling companion. The policy defines Traveling Companion as a person(s) with whom the insured has coordinated travel arrangements and intends to travel with during the event. Please consult the Certificate of Coverage for complete details, limitations and exclusions.
- My child’s soccer tournament was just canceled because of inclement weather, now what do I do?
You must call AIG as soon as reasonably possible, and be prepared to describe your loss, the name of the tournament coordinator, the competition date(s), the date you registered and the amount that you paid. An AIG claims representative will complete the claim form and forward it to you for review and signature. The completed form should be returned to AIG C/O Travel Guard, P.O. Box 47, Stevens Point, WI 54481 (telephone 1.866.690.6859).
- I am in the military and I got called to active duty between when I registered my child for a football camp and when the actual camp took place. Can I get reimbursed for the registration fee and non-refundable travel?
Absolutely! If you, your traveling companion or a family member is called to active duty military service or as a reservist, firefighter, or police staff (to provide aid or relief in the event of a natural disaster), or if your military leave is revoked or reassigned, then you will get full reimbursement for your registration costs and qualifying travel-related costs.
- A flood damaged our home, and our son and our family won’t be able to travel to his baseball tournament, what should I do?
Contact AIG at (866) 690-6859 to submit a claim. Registration Saver covers the primary residence being made uninhabitable or inaccessible by natural disaster, vandalism or burglary of the Insured and/or the Insured’s travel companion’s home.
- My daughter had a diagnosed injury before I registered her for lacrosse camp and acquired Registration Saver. She had to withdraw from the camp because the same injury did not get better as anticipated, am I covered?
Unfortunately you will not be reimbursed for this circumstance. Registration Saver will not pay for any loss or expense incurred as the result of an injury, sickness or other condition of an Insured, traveling companion, business partner or family member that, within the 90 day period immediately preceding and including the Insured’s insurance effective date: (a) first manifested itself, worsened, became acute or had symptoms that would have prompted a reasonable person to seek diagnosis, care or treatment; (b) for which care or treatment was given or recommended by a physician; (c) required taking prescription drugs or medicines, unless the condition for which the drugs or medicines are taken remains controlled without any change in the required prescription drugs or medicines.
- What happens if we drive our son to a rugby tournament and our car breaks down and we cannot get him to the event?
Registration Saver covers the cost of your registration fee if you cannot attend or compete in the event due to mechanical/equipment failure of a common carrier (vehicle must be operated under a license) that occurs on or within 7 days of the scheduled start date and prevents your child from being able to participate.
Note: A Registration Saver policy must be purchased PRIOR to a covered peril occurring. For example, you cannot attempt to purchase a policy AFTER your child suffers an injury and thus becomes unable to participate in the event they were signed up for.
Registration Saver covers the cost of your child’s registration fee. You can also elect to insure your child’s non-refundable travel related expenses plus any traveling companions’ non-refundable travel expenses during the on-line purchase process.