Participant Accident Insurance
Participant Accident Insurance for Amateur Sport Groups
Risk Management Expertise Applied Both “On The Field” and “Off”
A holistic approach to risk applied uniformly across amateur sport organizations, from the 15 person-team to the three million member organization, characterizes AIG’s Amateur Sport Groups Participant Accident Insurance. We design customized programs that include injury prevention programs like aHead of the Game®, a concussion safety program, and apply our specialized expertise in insuring risks of amateur sport groups based on our knowledge of their distinct risk exposures.
How We Meet Your Needs
- We provide coverage for injuries occurring during covered activities with benefits that include:
- Accident medical expense benefits delivered on either a primary or excess basis
- Catastrophic cash benefits for paralysis or coma
- AD&D benefits
- Weekly accident indemnity benefits
- Base accident medical expense benefits can be complemented by optional international travel coverage.
- Educational marketing collateral associated with aHead of the Game can be distributed to parents, coaches, and athletes.
- Unique, youth-targeted social media campaigns that focus on educating young athletes on how to avoid injury.
- Large risk appetite and demonstrated ability to provide coverage for emerging and unique groups; our insureds range from cheerleading summer camps to large, nationally recognized soccer organizations.
Excess Accident Medical Expense benefit
Accidental Death benefit
Accidental Dismemberment benefit
Catastrophic Cash benefit (Coma and paralysis)
Heart and Circulatory benefit
Emergency Sickness benefit
Medical Evacuation benefit (100 mile radius from residence)
Home Alteration benefit
Psychological Counseling benefit
- Over 50 years in the amateur sport group market
- Ability to provide international accident medical and travel coverage integrated with optional, value-added benefits that can include medical evacuation, security evacuation, and repatriation provided via AIG’s Travel Guard, a whollyowned travel assistance provider
- General liability programs with embedded sexual misconduct liability available through AIG subsidiary
- Plans backed by a financially sound carrier with a worldwide presence
- Holistic programs that focus on preventing injury, not just claims payment
- Coordinated claims administration with a uniform approach to paying insured travel benefits and providing assistance services
Bringing awareness to the prevention and treatment of concussions.
Find tips and information related to concussion prevention at:
aHead of the Game
This flyer provides only brief descriptions of the coverages available. Policies contain reductions, limitations, exclusions and termination provisions. Full details of the coverage are contained in each Policy. If there are any conflicts between this document and each policy, the Policy shall govern. Insurance is underwritten by National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, Pa, with its principal place of business at 175 Water Street, New York, NY 10038. Coverage may not be available in all states or jurisdictions. Non-insurance services provided by the service companies of Travel Guard Worldwide, Inc., an AIG Company.